2 an old woman
3 a reef knot crossed the wrong way and therefore insecure [syn: granny knot]
Alternative spellingsgrannie (less common)
Granny may refer to:
- a slang word for grandmother.
- Granny, a Looney Tunes character
- Granny, a character on The Beverly Hillbillies played by Irene Ryan
- Granny Goodness, a character published by DC Comics
- Granny Smith, a type of apple.
- Granny Weatherwax, a character published created by Terry Pratchett
- Granny, a wind operated suction fan, to remove smoke more efficiently, on a chimney pot.
- Granny, a book by Anthony Horowitz.
- Granny (song), a song performed by Dave Matthews Band, popular at their live shows.
- '''Granny, a spin-off from the Cuddles and Dimples strip in the British Dandy comic.
granny in Finnish: Granny
Methuselah, antediluvian, antique, back number, beldam, conservative, crone, dad, dame, dodo, dowager, elder, fogy, fossil, frump, fud, fuddy-duddy, fuss, fuss-budget, fusser, fusspot, gammer, grandam, grandma, grandmother, grannam, great-grandmother, hag, has-been, longhair, matriarch, mid-Victorian, mossback, old battle-ax, old believer, old crock, old dame, old dodo, old fogy, old girl, old granny, old lady, old liner, old maid, old man, old poop, old trot, old wife, old woman, old-timer, patriarch, pop, pops, reactionary, regular old fogy, relic, square, starets, traditionalist, trot, war-horse, witch